Saturday, February 22, 2014

Amateur Sleuth Blog Puzzle #228

If you don't already know, I am a huge fan of the Nancy Drew games series (and the book series). Well, HerInteractive, the company that makes said games, has a blog called the Amateur Sleuth blog which you can find here and every Friday a puzzle is posted for us to solve. I am planning on trying to solve these puzzles to the best of my abilities every Friday (or almost every Friday) and post my results here.

Let's get started!

So, this week's puzzle involves this image:


I realized that these were the symbols for the horoscope signs, so with some careful google research I was able to determine what those were. However, I also realized that there are some planetary symbols as well so I found the names for those too.

I ended up with the left column being Aries, Leo, Pisces, Virgo, Jupiter, Moon and the right column would be Taurus, Cancer, Venus, Earth, Capricorn and Mars. Now, I just had to figure out what the numbers meant. I decided to see if they were the numbers of the letter we were supposed to use (i.e., Aries 4 is E). With this strategy, I ended up with eleven sevens. But, then I was at a loss as to what this meant.

After some perusing of the HerInteractive message boards, I discovered that other people had gotten the same answer as me (Yay!). Also, they were guessing that it might mean eleven weeks. If this is the case, then perhaps this is a hint at the release date of The Shattered Medallion, the next game that is supposed to come out.

Anyway, do you guys have any theories as to what this means?

--B

No comments:

Post a Comment