Saturday, October 12, 2013

If We Were a Movie...

Life is really weird. This is where it's about to get deep and philosophical. Just excuse me for a moment as I form my analogy.

Every person's life is like a movie. While the coffee barista at Starbucks may be an insignificant character in your movie, she's the star in her own movie, which we will most likely never get to see. What's crazy to me is that we see all of these people every day and we have no idea who they are or what their story is. In fact, most of the time we're too caught up in our own lives to care about anybody else's. The people who we do have in our lives are special. When we talk with them about their lives it's like we're watching Netflix so we can get up to date on everything that's happened so far and then, we get involved with their story and the characters in it. We get emotionally attached.

I apologize if this post makes it seem like I was doing some sort of hallucinatory drug. It's just an observation I made.

I guess the point, or moral, of the story is that we should appreciate the people we have in our lives. Everyone has a unique point of view and an interesting story to tell. But will you take the time to see it unfold?

--B

No comments:

Post a Comment